Friday, May 10, 2013

New jobs!

It has been a busy first week for both Josh and I!  Josh is loving American Airlines.  He has started a new project he busily is working away on to improve the industry.  We are hoping he can get his flight benefits worked out ASAP so we can hit the airport for some fun weekends!

This week I traveled with Bob for three days each morning to Frisco Texas to the TMHRA - Texas Municipal Human Resources Association, the name alone sounds boring but it turned out to be alright! It was super tiring leaving for the show at 7am and not getting back until 6 pm but on the bright side they sure provided some delicious food along the way
It was a convention for the head HR people in many of the cities in Texas.  My job was to sell them our service awards recognition program from Eagle during their breaks from listening to speakers.  While they were in meetings I had to send about a billion emails and enter data.  It was fun to meet all these different people along with a few city managers.  I feel like we did excellent at the show and gained many prospective clients who have samples headed their way!  Each day I got to go to a catered luncheon, much better lunch then I probably would have had at home!  It was a lot of work and I am glad it is over but it was a fun adventure to be a part of.  I had never been a part of a sales team at a show before.  It reminded me of the Home & Garden show or the What a Women Wants Fair at the south town expo center except there were only about 10-15 booths.  Best part, I got a ton of free stuff from all the vendors and lots of surprises for Josh.


My very official name badge (:
We hope to fly to San Antonio this weekend to see the Alamo and River Walk keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment