Thursday, May 23, 2013

crafts, recipes & dates

Well it has been a fun week so far here in Dallas!  Josh has been working hard and loving having a real job instead of school!  I'm still attempting both but it has been great!  On Tuesday my friend Chelsea invited me to go to a spin class with her.  It kicked my butt! I am still sore! but it was a really fun workout and afterwords we were able to go on a few errands which was great for my car-less self.  It was a great morning and we love the new friends we have made here in Dallas!

Every Tuesday night Josh plays basketball with the ward [don't worry we make sure he keeps his competitive temper down (; ] while he is playing basketball I decided to craft.  I have seen this on pinterest a million times but after seeing them in my friends cute apartment I decided to give it a try myself.  I love them!


On wednesday I decided to plan a picnic date night.  There are wayyyy too many bugs in Dallas!  Everywhere you go!  So our picnic was fun but we sure didn't stay too long.  Not too mention there was a stray dog that kept coming over and then he would run off chasing a squirrel or some random creature.  He looked like he was having the time of his life ha.  But anyways I made some chicken salad sandwiches and decided that quick, easy, and delicious recipes are hard to come by [how they existed before Pinterest is a mystery] and I hate those nights where I have no idea what to cook [here you go mom!]  so I thought I would share mine when I found a good one.  So here is recipe number one:


Scrumptious Chicken Salad Sandwiches:

1/2 C. Mayo
2 tbs. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. Onion Powder
1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/8 tsp. Dried Thyme
1/8 tsp. Pepper
2 1/2 C. Shredded Chicken 
[I just cooked some fresh right before]
1 1/2 C grapes cut in half
2/3 C celery chopped

Mix it all together and throw it on some crossants [I hear the Costco ones are best but good old Tom Thumb provided ours] and enjoy!  It's really easy and actually makes quite a bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment