Thursday, June 27, 2013

Trip for Becca!

Well Josh being the best husband in the world let me fly home to Utah this week for one of my best friend's wedding!  I'm pretty sure he missed my cooking more than anything but he won't admit it ... despite all the hot dogs he ate and fast food while I was gone and telling me he was starving haha.  

I had so much fun.  We flew home from DC on Sunday and parted ways at the airport.  I flew home to Salt Lake and he went back to our home in Dallas.  Our first days apart since we got married, SO SAD! I missed him but it was fun to see my family.  I went to church with my mom and had a family dinner sunday night.  And I just have to post this picture because I am pretty sure my nephew is the cutest little 4 year old in the world.  Here's one of the photos he just got done.

ADORABLE.  Sorry to be one of those people posting pictures of other people's children
but I just can't help how cute he is.  He was so funny at dinner on Sunday he kept asking where
Joshua was!
Monday I got to have a girls day with my mom.  I am the only girl in my family so my mom and I have been best friends from the start.  Solidarity sister!  So being apart from her I have missed her like crazy. We went and checked out the new outlet malls in alpine and FYI they are awesome.  Great selection and not overwhelmingly big.

Tuesday was the wedding day! And I have to admit my blonde moment... I totally forgot my temple recommend in the hurry of packing on Friday.  Thank heavens Josh was able to send me a picture of it and that saved me to get in easy peasy.  Being at a wedding made me miss Josh even more but I'm so grateful that I could be a part of my friends big day.  Everything turned out beautiful.  All the memories from my wedding day [don't worry despite being sick I still look at that day as one of my fondest memories] came rushing back being back in the Salt Lake temple for the first time since then.  Beautiful experience.

Here is the beautiful bride the new Mrs. Stratton


My bouquet was gorgeous!  Sorry I failed to notice I took this picture
half in the shade but I thought I'd share it anyway.
Almost brought them home on the plane with me but gave it to my mom instead!
The reception was gorgeous as well and my best friend Kenzie was my date since Josh couldn't come so we spent the whole time catching up it was a blast.  And of course while in Utah it was a necessity to hit up the best snow cone shack known to man.  If you have never been I do not know what it is called but it is on 90000 South right across from Kmart. Best snow cones around!

More quality time with my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment