Wednesday, June 19, 2013

American Airlines

Josh got to go tour DFW airport today at work!  I call it a field trip.  Sounded like one to me!  The HR representative and the guy over cooperate communications took a few of the interns around.   They took them where the flight attendants and pilots check in.  The chief pilots of pilots spoke to them about how they are going from carrying 40 lb. of paper weight including maps and different things they need for the trip to just having an ipad - crazy.



nothin but business. 


Then they toured the flight command center the tower where they manage all of the gates where the plans go to and from.  When a plane lands they tell it what gate it needs to go to.  You can see the whole airport from there it looked pretty cool.

The view...


The control tower..

Fun facts Joshua learned: There apparently are more than 500 departures from DFW every day.  & DFW is the size of Manhattan 

Josh had a great day sounded like a lot of fun and to top it off he got to eat at Popeye's.  JEALOUS!

Here's my exciting story for today.  I had left over BBQ chicken I made yesterday and decided I would make a BBQ pizza and I am so proud of myself I made up my own sauce and it was amazing!!

The pizza of love.  Half for Josh and half with cheese for me! (:

In case you want amazing BBQ chicken in the crock pot here is the recipe (mother).  Ingredients:

6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I used Famous Dave’s Zesty BBQ sauce)
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Then easy as pie, you mix all the stuff together minus the chicken.  Put the chicken in the crockpot and pour your new sauce mixture all over it and let it cook on high for 4 hours.  Amazing.  And then you can make BBQ chicken pizza with the leftovers.  I mixed some BBQ sauce, Frank's hot sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and cider vinegar for my pizza sauce.  Success!  I never thought I would like to cook but I love it!  And so does Josh's stomach!  

No comments:

Post a Comment