Sunday, June 9, 2013

Nashville, Tennessee


Well we had quite the crazy weekend!  We tried to leave on Friday but the plane had issues and we were sitting on it for over an hour!  Josh was a sweetheart and let me have the last ticket in first class.  Most of the time people in first class aren't the friendliest so I was surprised when the old man next to me kept chatting.  He asked me all about where I was going and when he found out my husband was in the back he insisted I go ask Josh if they can switch seats.  I told him no like 6 times before saying no was just awkward so I went and asked him.  So nice of this guy.  He said he wasn't supposed to be in first class anyways and he'd like us to be able to sit together.  So they switched and then this flight attendent called me to the front of the plane.  I felt like I was in high school again getting sent to the principal's office I was terrified and he chewed me out! He interrogated me asking me why I asked that man to move to the back and how its against the rules and even though I insisted I hadn't asked him and had done nothing of the sort.  Moral of the story it was awful!  And then we just ended up getting off the plane because due to the delay we would have gotten there too late for it to be worth it.

Welcome to Nashville!

Saturday morning bright and early we made it to Tennessee.  We were so blessed we happened to run into this guy from our ward at the airport and instead of having to pay for a taxi he took us downtown with him and his son in his rental car.  Sure saved us money!  His daughter is trying to make it big in Nashville so we went to her concert before going and exploring the Country Music Festival that was there [and the reason hotels were hundreds & hundreds of dollars!].

The music festival was incredible it was so fun!  There were concerts everywhere you turned.  We were surrounded by up and coming country singers trying to make it big.  We sat around relaxing listening to different concerts most of the day.

apparently the woman standing in the back was posed for our picture.


These are the Railers and pretty sure they are the next Lady A.

Listening to Corey Smith!
We went to the country music hall of fame and spent all our time exploring all of their famous places including the Johnny Cash museum!  We also went to the Riman auditorium where Johnny first met June!


Country Music Hall of Fame

Nashville is awesome!

After spending our day at the festival we headed to the Grand Ole Opry to our concert!  We were able to catch a taxi with some really nice ladies who told us all about the Gaylord hotel they were staying at and how we could probably hang out there when we wait to go to the airport.  The hotel was a castle!  It looked like the amazon inside with lots of shops and was HUGE!  We hopped on their shuttle to get to the Opry.

The Grand Ole Opry is a live radio broadcast like nothing you've ever seen!



He was impersonating the guy who sings "Hey good lookin.."
The concert was amazing we had a great time!  Scotty McCeery was very last and he was very interesting while performing.  He just kept rubbing his bottom!  It just looked awkward!!


There's scotty playing his new song that I love!
So we had decided that since hotels cost buckets of money and our flight was so early in the morning that we were just going to pull an all nighter so after the concert we went to this aquarium for dinner [so cool! We were surrounded by this huge aquarium of fish of every kind and sharks!]  then we went to a midnight movie and back to the Gaylord hotel to hang out playing cards before heading to the airport.



this is what Josh and I do at the movie theater at 2:30 in the morning...


It was an awesome trip (:

No comments:

Post a Comment