Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The best week yet ♡

Well most of you know already, but this last week my mom flew out to visit and it was the best!  We had so much fun together and the time of course flew by I can't believe she's already back home again.  Since Josh is gone so much we basically had a girls day every day and she sure spoiled me!

reunited at last after a long flight for my mom!

I won't bore you with all the girly details but I will share the highlights from our fun times!  Day one we explored the shopping in Grapevine and found the coolest mall around, Grapevine Mills Mall.  It is only about ten minutes away from my house and HUGE!  It's over 1,600,000 square feet and has over 220 stores ranging from outlets to high end retail.  There's also a huge food court, carousel, movie theater, and Rainforest Cafe.  Honestly one of the best malls I have ever been to.  We were there for hours!



If you're looking to shop in Dallas Grapevine Mills Mall is the place to be!

One of the best parts about Texas is the food so of course I had to show my mom all of my favorite Dallas places to eat!


First and foremost, Bahama Bucks where you will enjoy the world's most delicious snow cone.  This place is so good we had to visit twice while my mom was in town, once for a girls night and once on our house hunt date night with Josh.

Life changer right here.
The second time we brought Skamp with us and they actually asked if they could give Skamp his own snow cone called "the snowball."  It was the cutest thing he absolutely loved it!

this is a puppy in heaven.

a little blurry (this is what happens when you attempt
to take a photo while holding squirmy Skamp),
 but had to capture the date night.
Secondly I had to prove my statement that the Dickies in Texas is far better than in Utah.  Had my mom try some of their delicious BBQ brisket - warning it is addicting!  And in case you were wondering, yes she does agree it is better than in Utah.


Our next visit (on a different day of course, we didn't just go on a food spree all in one day!) we went to hard eight BBQ, the food and environment are fantastic.  A real Texas experience!



Our next big food adventure was to Rosa's Tortilla factory.  The best (& very well priced) authentic Mexican food in Dallas.


The Egg & I!  My family use to visit St. George quite often, first when my grandparents lived there and then just for a quick get away.  One time we discovered the Egg & I an incredible breakfast establishment and have visited it at least once every St. George trip we go on, so of course when my mom and I found one not too far away we had to visit (Yes in matching adorable nike pants we got at Grapevine Mills Mall!).



Last but not least, we visited our favorite Korean restaurant on Josh's one night off.  My mom had to experience some real Korean food!  And I have to say it's growing on me, I liked it even more than last time I visited.

first bite!

the professional/translator (:

family photo (:

my mom posing like me! HA!
Our future children's clothes.  Always a joke at the Hadley house.
Josh has outfits just like these hanging in our spare closet for our
future children to play dress up with that he brought home from Korea.

Okay it's starting to sound like all we did was eat.. that is not entirely true!  We also went on a little date to the Dallas temple.  Such a beautiful place, so grateful to have one nearby.

getting ready to go, saying goodbye to cone head Skamp!

temple 
We were spoiled on Saturday morning while we waited for Josh to get off work we visited the Coppell Farmer's market and got pedicures!

hot day!

little bit of heaven.


Sunday came quick and my mom helped us teach our primary class about the importance of sharing.   It was so fun to hear all of the silly ideas the kids had and to have my mom there.  Beautiful sunday with my two best friends going to church, eating roast, watching Heaven is for real & playing games!



Monday came and my mom and I had one last morning together!  Her trip flew by.  We spent a lot of time just driving around Texas and enjoying each other's company I sure miss her but am grateful for her sacrifice to come and spoiling her little girl while she was here.  So glad she could see where Josh and I live and enjoy a little piece of Texas (: Now back to the real world!  On the bright side Josh only has 3 more weeks of summer sales and then we move and start work at American Airlines.  I think it's going to be a great start for both of us.  I better get packing again!  Check back soon for an August visiting teaching printable ♡ 

A big thanks to everyone for all of the love and support we have received this summer!  Can't believe it's already drawing to a close (very excited though!)  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment