Wednesday, July 30, 2014

10 most inspirational talks of all time ♡

So I've seen posts like this a lot on Pinterest lately and have really enjoyed reading talks others have suggested they always add to my scripture study.  I love love love conference talks they always give me the added strength I need.  I thought I would pay it forward and add my own ten favorite talks.  They're in no particular order, I like them all too much to rate them in order!  Hope you enjoy (:


1) The Tender Mercies of the Lord - Bednar 2005

A reminder to me of how much our Heavenly Father will loves us and will send personal, sweet, and special blessings if we choose to follow him.
Favorite quote:


2) Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence - Holland 1999

Of course Elder Holland always gives some of my favorite talks but this one is extra special.  A much needed reminder to never give up.  The Lord will always pave a way for us, it just may not be the way we expected but that's okay.

Favorite quote:


3) We are Women of God - Sheri Dew 1999

Choosing to center our lives around Christ.  Being women in the world but not of it.
Favorite quote:


4) Are you the woman I think you are? Sheri Dew 1997

A wonderful talk reminding us that it is our job to draw unto the Savior.  He is willing to take our hand if we reach for His but we are required to act first.

Favorite quote:


5) An High Priest of Good Things to Come - Elder Holland 1999

A talk reminding us to always find the silver lining.  Even if we cannot see it, God.  He knows your fears and hears your prayers.  One of my absolute favorite quotes of all time:


6) Beware of Pride - Benson 1989

An eye opening talk.  You may think you know what it means to prideful but this talk helps you see being prideful is more than you think.  Very humbling words. 

Favorite Quote:


7) Stand Strong Against the Wiles of the World - Hinckley 1995

We live in a world of growing trouble but as mothers and daughters in zion we have the power and opportunity to influence the world for good.  This good work begins in the home. 
Favorite quote:


8) See The End From the Beginning - Uchtdorf 2006

A wonderful talk to really put life in perspective in Uchtdorf's wonderful way. 

Favorite quote:


9) But if not.. - Elder Simmons 2014

Putting your faith in the Lord.  Pouring out your heart to Him, Trusting Him, asking for blessing and knowing "but if not" it will all work out the way it should. 

Favorite Quote: 


10) But For a Small Moment - Maxwell 1974

Our Heavenly Father has a customized curriculum for all of us.  
Favorite quote:


For more designs be sure to check out the Hadley design page or https://www.facebook.com/hadleydesigns?ref_type=bookmark

Message me for your own personal design needs - I would love to be of service ♡

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I love Sheri Dew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Severall of these are my faves too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous! I did a post like this on my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You failed to put this one in your list:
    "The Profile of a Prophet" by Hugh B. Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Hadley Family, This is a very nice blog. Congratulations. The Meme that leads this page about the 10 best inspirational talks of all time uses a photograph of mine. I am glad you like it. It is copyrighted however. If you wish to continue to use it I'd be happy to discuss licensing it. If you have have not created the meme, I understand but would encourage not using it any longer.
    All the best,robert@derosaimages.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am writing to apologize. I did not look carefully enough at the image. While mine is very similar it is not the same. All the best, robert@derosaimages.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a way to buy the images that you created to make the quotes? Looking for a digital copy that is high resolution to make a poster. These are great! Thanks

    ReplyDelete