Monday, July 21, 2014

Official house hunters!

Why do the weekends always fly by??  It seems like Josh finally gets home Saturday afternoon, I blink, and it's Monday morning again!  On the bright side the countdown of summer sales has officially began.  Josh only has 4 more weeks left (that's nothing!), 28 days!  It will fly by and we will finally get back to a normal schedule.  I am so excited.  Summer sales sure is worth it but it's hard!  Very hard.  Another bright side, my mom flies in this week and I just cannot wait!  I am so excited to see my best friend again, be sure to check out next weeks post to see the wonderful adventures we
are going to go on (:

This week Josh brought me home some beautiful lilies one day after work  I love how flowers brighten up our little apartment!  Josh is always so thoughtful.



This past weekend Josh & I began seriously house hunting.  We're looking at some new home builders out in the Trophy Club area.  It's so strange for me to think of us buying our own house!  So many decisions to make!



It's still a few months early for us to finalize on a home, we are looking more for in the fall so we haven'd decided anything yet.  But I will be sure to keep you posted on our progress!

Saturday night we looked for homes in both Trophy Club and Roanoke.  Afterwards we explored downtown Roanoke and grabbed dinner.  Our next stop was a relaxing movie night in our friends home theater back out in Trophy Club.  It was a blast.  Why go out to the movies when you can be in your PJs at home with some blue bell ice cream?

grainy movie theater picture!

We all know Blue Bell Ice Cream is one of my
favorite things about the south.  New Flavor &
it was just as amazing as I hoped!  Recommend it!
So grateful for good friends & movie nights 

On Friday afternoon I received a phone call from the bishopric, someone had a medical issue and they needed a final speaker for church on Sunday.  Of course I couldn't say no so all weekend along with planning our primary lesson I was having a little bit of anxiety about having to speak.  Thank goodness church is at 9 [having to speak is the only context I would ever say that in] so I was able to get it done right off the bat!  It went really well.  When they first asked me on Friday to speak about temples and family history work I had zero ideas.  After some prayer I was reminded of how much our Heavenly Father will fill our minds with ideas when we ask.  I couldn't believe how much I was guided in writing my talk.  One part which I would like to share is a poem Grandma & Grandpa Hadley shared with us when Josh I attended temple prep with them.  It's always been so special to me & reminds me that when we are in the temple we are in our Heavenly Father's house, a place where our savior has surely been.

"If" 
If I could go to Galilee
And walk where Jesus walked
And sit in tender grasses
On the hillside where He taught

If I could sit and ponder
On a rock that knew His hand
Or walk along the seashore
Where His feet had touched the sand.

My spirit yearns within me,
But it doesn't seem my fate.
I'll never walk where Jesus walked.
I'll never see... but wait.

I worship in His temple
Where I know He's walked before.
Have His feet been down this hallway?
Have His fingers touched this door?

Has He stood here in this very room
And looked at what I see?
In the beauty of His temple
I can feel His love for me.

I close my eyes and picture Him,
My worries melt away.
I don't need to go to Galilee
Or travel far away.

For my tender heart is filled
With what He wants me to be taught
And my testimony burns within - 
I've walked where Jesus walked!

-Carma Salvesen

Such a beautiful poem & we are so blessed to have so many temples to visit and attend.

Best advice thus far, go to the neighborhood & ask the neighbors about the area and their experience with the builder.  Unlike the sales associates the neighbors have no incentive to sell you and they know the area best.  This is what Josh & I did after church on Sunday.  It gave us some wonderful insight.

Sleepy Skamp on our car ride out there.

A real man & his dog (:

Skamp just checking out the neighborhood. I
think he likes it! (:
Such a fun day with my two favorite boys!  I'm grateful for the time we get to spend together no matter how short!  Thank you everyone for all of your love, support & especially advice as we look to build our own home 


squinty eyes in the sun!

One last funny one!  I gave Skamp a bath on Friday morning
and the poor guy was so cold after he burrowed himself in this
blanket to make a little cave and warm up.  So cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment