Monday, June 2, 2014

Wow it's June!

Well I can hardly believe it's June already!  This last month has actually flown by which I would have never guessed if you asked me when we first flew in!  It's been a great month we feel so very blessed for all that has happened since we left Utah.  We sure miss our family and friends (Can't think about it too much or it makes me too sad!!) but it really has been a great experience being out here together.

This Saturday Skamp and I explored a really cool park by our house.  It has the most trees I have ever seen thus far in Texas so I decided I think I am partial to it because it almost reminds me of Utah, it's as close as I can get.  It was a beautiful day though, overcast so not too hot.  Texas is full of birds (I had no idea and sure everywhere has birds but Texas has so many and so many pretty ones I actually notice which is saying something).  Here are a few pictures from our walk.  Sorry I really just can't get enough of this little guy.

So totally random while walking I saw this little christian artwork
and guess what it says on the right over there?  Mormon.org how
cool is that?  Someone came and wrote a little testimony here.
In another area they had actually draw the plan of salvation as well
which was awesome but washed away by the rain or something so
you couldn't see it as well.  What a great little missionary act here (:
Really touched my heart!  Christ will never leave us comfortless.

Some beautiful wildlife here (:

I just had a blast with this guy.  He even jogged with me for awhile!
At one point he stopped dead in his tracks and when I stopped to
turn around and see what he was doing he took off and ran ahead of
me like he didn't like that I was beating him so he tried to trick me haha
he is so cute.  
Saturdays are my favorite the morning flies by and then Josh gets home around 5 like a normal job!  We then went to a BBQ with Alterra where I'm sorry but I forgot to take any pictures there!  But it was a lot of fun to meet everyone on all the Dallas teams and just hang out.

On the way home Josh took me to a place that has a little bit of heaven.  Bahama Bucks!  I wish you all could try this place.  I know there are some good shaved ice places in Utah I've been to them but I dare say they don't at all compare to this place... such a fun little date night (:


Kind of a quieter weekend but a fun one.  Here's a few more pictures of Skamp for anyone who is like me and never gets tired of seeing him (And don't worry there is a cutest dog contest going on at the bookstore down the street from us and I am totally entering him and hoping to win a gift card there!  Can't beat free books for having a cute dog!  Wish me luck!)

He is so funny any time I start to read he comes and tries to sleep on my
book and refuses to move! Either he loves books or he loves trying to
get in your way haha but he melts my heart so I can't move him!


I have to share a random act of kindness that happened to me this week that just reminded me of the kind people who really do exist in this world.  I was picking up my friend to go to the grocery store and while I was waiting for her to come down and get in the car I was looking down texting my mom.  Next thing I know I look up and there's a huge water company truck pulled up infront of my car.  I didn't think much about it but then a few minutes later I looked up again and it was pulled up like seriously only an inch away from my car so I just reversed and pulled into a drive way behind me.  Next thing I know one of the workers comes walking over to my car.  I roll down my window and he proceeds to thank me so much for moving my car and telling me how conscientious I am for doing so and handed me this giant bottle of perrier.


 I just thought it was so nice.  The more I work in customer service for Josh's startup, the more Josh does door to door sales and just the more people I meet here in Texas I have been reminded of how much our world needs love and kindness.  We are all on the same team here!  It isn't always about a competition.  We never know what others are going through so why not be like this kind water guy who makes someone else's day?  I know I will be a heck of a lot nicer to door to door salesman (If I am actually to answer the door that is) than I would have been before this summer.  That's just my little thought for the day and challenge for anyone who reads this, be a little kinder to everyone you come in contact with.  Be the person who makes someone else's day rather than breaks it.  Thanks for reading (:

Just for anyone who is interested, I am going to be writing on my blog more (well this is my goal anyways) sort of like the book post below & I am going to start writing different things and get back into writing my gospel messages as well.  I will mostly just be posting on facebook about Josh and I though so if you are interested in reading my posts start checking back periodically or follow my blog.  Thanks (:


No comments:

Post a Comment