Sunday, June 15, 2014

Weekend date nights & following new dreams (:

Okay time to update from two weekends now!  This week turned out to be busier than expected so sorry for the late post!  Josh and I decided the days go by slow here sometimes but the weeks go by fast.  We are already almost half way done with summer sales!  Josh is doing an amazing job selling.  On Friday he was the top seller in the whole nation for Alterra - I married quite the catch!   Such a big deal I am so proud of him (: His numbers are incredible every week & he is realizing how much he really does enjoy selling (keeping in mind door to door selling is certainly not the funnest) but he sure has been blessed with an incredible talent.  As you all know our time together is short & sweet!  Two weekends ago Josh and I visited an outdoor mall in Southlake it was like gateway but Texas style, AKA HUGE!  It's still pretty perfect weather here at nights not too hot not too cold.  So first we enjoyed an amazing BBQ dinner date at Feedstore BBQ complete with homemade peach cobbler!





Afterwards we spent time exploring the mall and just walking around outside it was really fun.  Josh spoiled me that night with getting me a brand spanking new macbook!  SO excited!  With my free time I have recently I have been wanting to follow my dreams of graphic design and Josh & my parents are helping to make it happen!  I feel so blessed and it has already been so fun.  It is what I have always been passionate about.  My last semester at the U I had two professors who always emphasized to us the importance of following your dreams and how it's never too late.  So I am taking their advice!  My favorite quote - Julia Childs didn't start cooking until she was 37!  It's never too late (: Wish me luck!




Afterwards we spent our evening dream house shopping which turned out to be a lot of fun.  We drove all around different neighborhoods we are interested in living in and let me tell you there are some beautiful homes in Texas.  Sure makes me excited!

Sometimes as you can imagine summer sales is not the funnest so this past week I wanted to plan a midweek date so we had a fiesta night!  I cooked a huge Mexican meal topped off with snowcones, homemade cinnamon chips and a movie (:

first time making enchiladas - DELICIOUS!


This past weekend the team got to celebrate a victory with free dinner (wives included YAY!) so we all went to Dickey's and let me clarify here, Dickey's is about ten times better in Texas than in Utah so you still need to come here and check it out.  It was a fun date night and fun to be with the team.

Skamp cuddling me while waiting
for our man to come home (:

Handome man in his "green jacket!"
Afterwards we had a game night with friends and a late night walk with Skamp.  I have to show you his recent adorable pictures:

Skamp ready for sunday church (;

Skamp LOVES water and one of his favorite places is to
just sit in the sink, so cute. 
Well that is what Josh & I have been up to the last little while.  Play hard work hard!  Now I have to share some delicious recipes I have stumbled upon, try them I promise they are fantastic!

 Cake Rice Crispy Treats (My Personal Favorite!)

  • 5 tablespoons butter
  • 1 package Jumbo Marshmallows
  • 1 cup cake mix (heaping!)
  • 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
  • rainbow sprinkles
  •    INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. In a pan on medium, slowly melt butter and marshmallows.
  2. When they are melted and creamy, add in cake mix.
  3. Pour rice krispies into large bowl.
  4. Pour melted mixture over krispies, mix well.
  5. Pour into a very well greased casserole pan and liberally add sprinkles.
  6. Let set until firm- about 35 minutes.
  7. Be careful - addicting!


Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash!

This one is really simple!  Wash & cut a spaghetti squash in half and place in slow cooker.  Pour in 1-2 bottles of sauce (just depends on how much you want).  Cook on high for 3 hours of 5 on low.  You can also add frozen or homemade meatballs I did! 


Homemade Cinna-chips!

These were so fun for our mexican date and easy!  I used Costco raw shells so I cooked them in a frying pan like regular first, cut them into little triangles, added a little melted butter on both sides and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar on both sides.  So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment