Monday, May 19, 2014

New Beginnings..A Much Needed Update from Texas!

Well it has been forever!  My apologies!  Josh and I have had quite the busy last few months and so many things have changed!  For starters I got surgery.  If you remember (I try to forget) how sick I was at my wedding you might know that I had a pylonidal Cyst on my lower back.  This type of cyst can return whenever for whatever reason, doctors don't know why.  Thankfully with surgery the return rate is less than 3% and I am just so grateful I was able to get the surgery done!  I got it done a few weeks before graduation and thanks to doctor Josh I have recovered well.

I was SO nervous!  I want to thank everyone for all of the love
and prayers that were sent my way.  And for the amazing doctors
and nurses at the University of Utah hospital - nicest people in the
world of hospitals!


As many of you may know Josh and I have been keeping our eyes out for the perfect puppy the last few months.  My surgery wasn't scheduled until 2 PM so I had all day to sit and worry about it (And starve!  That no eating rule is terrible)!  After going to the temple I tried to distract myself by looking on KSL for dogs... I just happened to find the PERFECT one and sweet Josh made it happen.  So I am happy to introduce you to the newest member of the Hadley Family: Skamp!

It may sound silly but I cannot tell you how grateful I
am for this little guy's company during these long sales days!

So sweet he always wants to be by me while I work!

Hadley Family (:

Cutest little guy. Skamp is a Morkie, 1/2 Maltese 1/2 Yorkie.

He is like a little parrot he absolutely loves to sit on your shoulder.
A few days after getting Skamp was graduation.  Such an amazing day! I still can't believe we are done with school (I occasionally have nightmares I forgot my homework or a final exam!).  We both feel so blessed with all of the support we have been given during our schooling career and to be able to graduate debt free.  I have always been excited for graduation but also apprehensive because now what?! I'm still not 100% sure what I would like to do so if you have any suggestions please send them my way!  Graduation was the last Friday we had in Utah and I got to spend the day having a girl's day with my mom.  It was perfect!




My mom is so sweet she sat through two graduations!
First she came to my individual college and then later
to the business school where I had the opportunity to walk
and graduate with Josh and the master students (and in
case you were wondering I stuck out like a sore thumb being
the only one not in a master's gown!  Awkward!)
After Graduation we had two more precious days at home that of course flew by too quickly.  Sunday night and the airport came in what felt like the blink of an eye.  After a few tears (a LOT of tears) we boarded the plane to Dallas.  So grateful for our well behaved little puppy.  We were able to take him as a carry on and he just slept the whole time, did not even make a peep.  Such a good boy!

We landed, rented a car, navigated to our apartment and went to bed (the movers had set up our bed an brought in all of our stuff, so nice!).  Before we knew it it was Monday morning and Josh was off to work.  He has been doing an excellent job these last two weeks selling and leading his team.  I am so proud of him.  In fact, today he received the "green jacket" (a green Alterra polo as opposed to their usual white) for winning the masters - servicing 20 accounts in one week.  A really big deal!  It's sure not the funnest work but Josh is so dedicated and working hard.  Send your prayers and motivation his way (:   Every week I can't wait for Saturday because that means Josh is done at 4 PM and we get to go do something fun with the team.  The first week we went out to a BBQ dinner and to the Rangers game V. the Red Sox!  Perfect date, perfect weather and perfect teams.  So fun!


This last saturday we went to the Fort worth Stockyards for some delicious BBQ dinner and the championship rodeo!  One of our favorite places in Texas is the stockyards so it was really fun to be back here.  Definitely recommend a visit here if you are ever in Dallas!


Now back to another week working!  I promise to do a much better job updating my blog now that we are in Texas and far from all of our family so please check back often.  We love and miss everyone very much and look forward to when we can come fly home and visit!  Thanks for all of your support & love (:

No comments:

Post a Comment