Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend (:

Well this last week has flown by I can't believe that May is drawing to a close already.  Josh had a great week selling, three days in a row he reached his goal of selling 8 (f.y.i that is A LOT!) I am so proud of him.  Work hard play hard is the saying around here these days so Memorial Day weekend was a blast for us.  Saturday night we visited the Dallas Temple with several people on the team.  It was a really neat experience to be there as a group united in our faith and of course a fun date night with Josh.


Josh says Dallas temple is just like the one in Korea but bigger so I'm sure it always brings back memories for him.  Speaking of Korea, I planned a Korean date night dinner for Josh after the temple.  We went to a restaurant called "Seoul House."  Josh was in HEAVEN.  You should have seen him.  He honestly was like a little kid at Christmas.  I can't remember the name of the dish we ordered I will have to ask him and update this post but it cooks on a little grill in front of you and you have all of these little side dishes to add into a lettuce wrap basically.


The meat was sort of like bacon.. but different.  It was quite the cultural experience.  The people working there loved Josh and were so impressed with his Korean Language skills.  Several came over and asked him repeatedly how he was so proficient in the language, they have been studying english for 30 years and are not as good as him (their words).  It was really fun.  


Josh and like half of his team have been obsessed with this "sodapalooza" thing going on and so Josh finally got me in on it.  All of the RAcetrack gas stations let you have unlimited free refills in these plastic cups all the way through the end of July and lucky for us there is one down the street from our house so now this is our new place to go walk Skamp and get drinks (slushies included!)  So after dinner drinks and a movie night!
Josh worked during the rainy Memorial day while I took Skamp on a walk and discovered he LOVES puddles and all things water!  Every time he sees you get in the shower he wants to get in or he tries to get in the sink.  This dog is obsessed with water is so funny!

(I've never done a video before I hope it works this is Skamp having a hay day on our walk)



Josh got off early and we went with the team to a dinner movie theater.  You can order dinner during your show and they bring it out to you.  We saw the new Xmen show and had a lot of fun.  Mostly Iw as just happy it was a Monday night and Josh was home early (:


That's about all that is new with us.  Josh is working hard every day and I am working on his HVAC startup in my free time.  Good news my mom has booked tickets in July to come see us and I am SO excited!  But that's about all the news we have.

Thanks for checking in on us!  I am going to be posting my summer book list (first books I've read and love if you needs ideas and then ones that are on my to read list) in the next few days just for fun so be ware otherwise check back in next week (:

No comments:

Post a Comment