Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Adventures.

Well this weekend did not go as planned but we had a lot of fun!  Friday night we had a game night with another couple in our ward the Drzayich's.  Turns out the guy served in the Ukraine with Matt.  Small world!  Anyways, really fun Friday night!

Saturday morning we were going to head to San Antonio but at the last minute [literally, as in 5:45 AM Saturday morning] we decided to stay in Dallas for the weekend.  So we were tourists in our own city and had a blast.

We spent our morning at TopGolf again this time just Josh and I.  It was hot!!  but still a lot of fun.  We love this twist on a driving range.  Josh has been brainstorming all day about how he could open his own.  If only!


Then we went on a little road trip to Rudy's Bar-B-Q.  I'd heard it was amazing so we decided to give it a try and boy it was delicious! Texas BBQ heaven.


To continue on the good food journey we went to this snow cone place I had heard of called Bahama Bucks.  This wasn't some side of the road snow cone shack, it was the real deal, a little shop by our house.  I am not exaggerating when I say these were the best snow cones we have had in our entire lives.  And they had board games to play while we eat which I thought was a blast!


Next we visited the library to check out movies for a movie night.  Josh claims he has never met someone who checks out so many books from the library as I do.  I'm in the process of convincing him we should read a book together, wish me luck (;

We stopped off at Kylde Warren Park on our way home.  This park is incredible.  It is being built on top of a freeway in the middle of down town.  They have a fountains to play in, board games to check out, outdoor games to check out [bocce ball, croquet etc] and a bunch of food trucks.  We played bocce ball until it closed and Josh took some time to play in the fountains.

So I actually took this photo of Josh after playing the fountain for my school
assignment and he's just cute so I had to put it on here (:

Not as exciting as a trip this weekend but we had a blast so I thought I would still give you all an update (:

No comments:

Post a Comment